Thursday, June 14, 2007

We're Gonna Make it After All!


I discovered this gem when I was busy working (okay...surfing) this evening.

The Original Theme Song to The Mary Tyler Moore Show

I have such fond memories of laying on the carpeted floor of my Grandmother's living room as we all gathered to watch this show (and Newhart which followed) with such reverence and with such an overwhelming expectation that you would laugh...and you did!

It's funny how we are here in Minnesota. We like to think that we're just fine being up here in our little chilly piece of land (excepting Summer!)...we don't need any attention. We're unassuming. Happy to live OUTSIDE of the lime-light. We don't need to be constantly in the lime light like NYC or LA or Paris (Hilton).

And yet...I have the feeling that we all swelled with pride, and not just a little bit, that this sitcom decided to put us on the map. Sure we looked silly, just like we did in "Purple Rain" and "Fargo" and...well frankly "Airport" as well. But you know what they say: the camera doesn't lie - it just adds 20 lbs..

How does this relate to the current real estate market? Rising foreclosures? Increasing interest rates? A market in slow gear?

I have no idea. But I do know that if you click that link it will make you smile, and that has to count for something in this world.

No comments: